Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

August 24, 2010

Hola Familia,

I'm not sure if I can send this email to the whole family or not so I am just sending it to Mom's. Everything is going great so far and I am very well and yes my Departure Date is October 18th. But we just received some memo's that say we don't need visas to get into Nicaragua so I don't know why they made us do all that stuff.



After I left you guys they put me in line, gave me stuff, I threw my luggage in my room and went straight to class. There I waited for my companion for a while. His name is Elder Joshua Lee Woodruff. He is from Bluffton, Ohio. He is perfect and exactly what I need to become a better missionary. He worked on a farm so he likes getting up early so we get up a little before 6 before anyone else gets up. I am actually all right with that.


Elder Woodruff & Elder Hardy

I can't think of anything I need right now, I am doing great. I have seen all my buddies plenty of times. It is great seeing Tyler and Ethan and it makes me look cool when it seems like I know a lot of people here ha ha not that it matters.

Elder Hardy, Elder Ontiveros, Elder Smith

So we met the Branch Presidency on the second day and had a meeting with them. After I introduced myself and bore my testimony it seemed like they were staring at me a lot. After we had our initial interviews and were listening to the zone leaders, they asked me to come outside and asked me if I would be the District Leader. So it has been a little stressful being called as the DL the second day and having no idea what I am supposed to do. But I am figuring it out and I think I am doing a pretty good job earning the district's respect, they seem to like me.

But sorry I am running out of time. Elder Woodruff couldn't get on to his email so we had to go get his membership number. Things are going great, it just seems like there is always so much to do and not too much time to do it.

Thank you so much for the secret letters you hid in my luggage, it was a great treat. Thank you Hannah for sending me another letter and an email, I love you very much and miss you but don't waste any time crying about me. I love you Emily, thank you for your letter. You too Alexis, I love you. Mom and Dad thank you for your letters and support it really helps me. Thanks for the journal stuff dad. Running out of time LOVE YOU ALL. I will write letters that hopefully are better. Ha ha don't have much time for those either. Oh and thank you for the packages.

Amor,

Elder Jonathan D. Hardy

No comments: