Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

August 31, 2010

Buenas Familia,

Thank you for the letters and the packages they are great. So I picked up the mail on Saturday last week and forgot that the mail room closes at 2 pm on Saturdays so I didn't go to pick up the last package in time and had to wait until Monday. I was dying to know what it was and when I read mom's email at the end it said, "I hope you liked the Apple Pie haha." I read it out loud to my roommates and they were all bummed out I didn't get it in time. But we have it now and it is great. I'll answer mom's questions really quick before I run out of time.

The names of the people in the district are Elder: Hardy, Woodruff, Tonga, Brough, Hildebrandt, Brown, Adams, Durfey, Wade, Tholen, Cartwright and Lovell. That doesn't really mean anything to you now but I am sending some pictures of the District and me and my companion today. I was going to try and plug the camera into the computer and see if I could attach photos to the email but I forgot to bring it.


Elders Tonga, Brough, Hardy, Woodruff
Lovell, Brown, Wade (in back), Durfey,
Adams, Thollen, Cartwright, & Hildebrandt

Only Elder Woodruff, Tonga, Brough and I are going to Nicaragua. Elder Durfey and Adams are going to Guatemala and are leaving in a week to go to the MTC there which would be crazy. The rest of the District is going to Chile.

As the DL I just have a couple of extra responsibilities and things to do along with the normal stuff everyone has to do. I lead the start of each class time and assign prayers and spiritual thoughts and stuff like that. Every week I interview the Senior companions to make sure they are doing alright and there are no problems. I have been interviewing everybody because my Branch President said that would be a good extra thing to do. Our District has some issues with companionship's and as a whole but I am trying to help everyone work it out. It's no big deal. We have become pretty good friends which I have been praying and working for but the problem now is everyone is comfortable with everyone else so there has been a lot of talking and distraction. So I have been praying and working on trying to fix that and yesterday I wore my lucky tie and we had a great experience which answered that prayer too. Sooo doing good.

I haven't seen my cousin Elder Stark yet but I guess I will start to look for him.

Nobody has really sent me anything except for family. Which is fine, I really like all the family stuff. Anna sent me a post card and a Dear Elder, I just haven't written anything back yet because I don't know her BYU address. So somehow I need help figuring that out.

I don't think I have time to write my daily schedule this time. But I will try to send it in the next email or maybe a letter sorry. I work out a little, I'm not fat yet. A couple of Elders like to do that stuff at night. We have been playing Volleyball as a district during gym which I think is better. It’s fun and is building unity.

Sorry I am running out of time and don't want to get cut off so Love You I will do better in the email next time.

Amor,

Elder Jonathan D. Hardy

P.S. Jenny wrote me and I'm not sure I can write extended family but I will check for next time.

No comments: