Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

September 14, 2010

Hola Familia!

Ha ha thanks for the quick notes of uplifting encouragement. Don't worry I'm having fun, being patient, staying positive and lovin it. It's great to hear the family updates. Hope everything is going well. Good luck with the Tax deadline, Dad. And good luck with YM too. When is Alexis' little D.C. trip? I know it is Emily's birthday on Thursday. Unfortunately, once again my MTC present is detained. They seem to be really slow at ordering stuff here. But Happy Birthday! I am writing you a card. Hope you like the other thing Mom helped get you from me. I hope Dance Company is going well. Hannah, that is Awesome you got the part of Marta in the Sound of Music Play. I am so proud of you. I hope you are feeling better from your flu. I can't wait to see what this treasure hunt thing is.

I almost got sick last week. My throat was really hurting and I was congested but I must have been blessed to get better. They have a really big problem with the flu starting now every year. If you get sick they put you in Quarantine. It's like solitary confinement. They lock you in a floor in this one building. Ha ha which I don't want to do.

To answer questions: No I don't think I need anything from home. Our residence room is like a meat locker at night. The AC goes none stop all day and night. But I bought an MTC hoody I wear to bed every night so it's fine. Plus, I figured out how to make a fridge in my room using a box and the AC. It really is just as good so I can keep drinks and the Queso sauce cold. I don't know what I am going to do when they switch to heat. My shoes are working great. I think the soles seem to be wearing fast but it will probably be fine. The shirts are good too. Only a couple spills but we invested in a spot stain remover.


Interesting stories. Ok well, on Sunday I had the Zone Meeting where we talk about our districts and issues and stuff. And they started talking about how there were bouncy balls going around. So they really pounded how we need to not use them. And it was my roommate Elder Brough who got the big shipment of bouncy balls that were out and about. And on top of that, while we were talking about it we started hearing what sounded like a bouncy ball bouncing against the wall in the next room...which happened to be my District's class room. Awkward. Plus we talked about how in the Residency Hall people were singing at night and people complained about how it was disruptive. Just so happened, it is my room everyone has been singing in. So during District Meeting we had a nice talk about that stuff. But I was really impressed with E. Brough. When we got back to the room, he threw away all his bouncy balls. Which I didn't even expect him to do.

Oh ha ha and about the sweet rolls and cookies that you got: A couple weeks before I left, Matt the kid my age from the Ward stopped by selling those for his girlfriend's team. I knew I would be gone by the time they got to you, so I went ahead and bought a bunch as a surprise. The timing was Perfect too.

My spiritual thought for this week has a pretty funny story too. We have been working on teaching prayer in Spanish. In 2 Nephi 32:8-9 it talks about prayer. I would like you to read it. I have been reading many scriptures about prayer and they have really helped me. Prayer is crucial and is the reason I have a testimony. The funny story was while I was explaining this scripture and prayer in Spanish. Well, you will get this once you read the scripture but I told my teacher that the Holy Ghost teacheth a man not to pray... I'll need to work on that before I get in the field.

I always run out of time. But I have received great letters from Grandparents and my little cousins. They even wrote me an email I was going to respond to but I will write letters.

I love you all,

Elder Hardy

Oh yeah! And last night we wrote letters to Señor English and committed never to speak English again! It's great. Mostly I just don't say very much so far. But pray for me to do better! I was going to write more about this. Oh well, love you.

No comments: