Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

September 21, 2010

Hola Familia!

Buenas! How is everything going? It sounds like it is going good and I hope it is. I got El Magnifico Caza del Tesoro de Hannah! It is sooo cool. I talked about it more in the letter but it is awesome. The weekend sounds like it was fun. I hope Mom enjoyed the spa! Congratulations on your golfing Dad that is awesome. I miss golfing with you and Rob. Congratulations with piano Hannah, keep it up. I'm glad the Utes are winning. And I hope Chuck is good, I look forward to a Chuck-a-thon.

My companion loved the letter, it was over the top. He is also super excited about finally knowing if he is related to Pres. Woodruff or not so he can answer everyone that asks him. He is sending his pedigree chart and his family's address today. He liked the cookies too. So, I will take a picture of the shoe, it looks like it was already kind of glued to keep the chunk before. I don't think it is a really big deal, it’s not like anyone will probably even notice. Say hi to Nick for me, he was a really cool guy. I like it when he worked with me.

Congratulations on the talk Emily! Oh and especially on the part in Molly Mouse that is great. I wish I could watch it, I think I can remember Alexis doing that part. Maybe I am wrong but I will just pretend you are doing that part and it will be like I was there. I am sending your birthday present today. I hope it fits. And good luck with Homecoming. I don't know if I know that kid, I think I have heard his name before. But he better be nice.

Hannah, thank you for the Treasure Hunt. I can't wait to figure out all the clues. And congratulations on getting Molly Mouse! That is awesome. I am proud of you. I talked more about your caza in the letter.

So I have not had a flu shot. I am afraid to go to the clinic. Me and Elder Woodruff are feeling a little sick but if I go in and I am super contagious, they are going to set off an alarm or something and take me and drag me to the Luther Corp. Lab or something. Sorry Babylonia. Yes, I think I have pretty much spent all my cash. I used my card today, it works. They have an ATM here so maybe that is where I should get my cash for the trip.

Elders: Woodruff, Hardy, Brough, & Tonga

I have three roommates. I thought I talked about them before. It is the other NICA's. Elder Tonga and Elder Brough. Tonga went to Granger and Brough is from St. George. They are nice. We haven't had culture night. I think they do that the week before you leave but I am looking forward to it.

The bad news you told me was really sad. I feel for their families. I wish I could talk to the Lauti's they are awesome and were so nice to me. I love them and if you ever get a chance tell them that for me. I don't have enough time to talk more about it but I am so grateful for the Plan God has made for us.

My spiritual thought is from a picture of the sacred grove the Woodruff family took and sent me. It was really nice of them.

Finding My Own "Sacred Grove"

1. Have a desire and seek for help.
    (1 Nephi 10:17; Matthew 7:7-8)

2. Have Faith.
    (James 1:5-7)

3. "Study it out" in our minds.
    (Doctrine & Covenants 9:8-9)

4. Counsel with the Lord.
    (Alma 37:37)

5. Be in tune and recognize the Spirit.
    (1 Nephi 17:45)

This was really inspiring to me and I encourage you to follow the steps. I wrote Rob and my Cousins today. I feel bad I hope it wasn't too long a wait. Rob sent me a nice letter and my Cousins sent me a really awesome package with some treats and notes and stuff. Tell Grandparents how much I appreciate them. They are so nice. I miss you all!

Amor,

Elder Jonathan D. Hardy

No comments: