Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

January 17, 2011

¡Buenas Americanos!


I think that would be really neat if you sent a Jesus El Cristo to Elder Coj. I think that would mean a lot to him, especially with a photo of the family and testimony. I´m sure he will be really grateful and all the Latinos will want to have me as their companion because my family sends the best packages.


Yes, changes were Wednesday! I am still in Boaco! And my podraste (father in law) se llama Elder Leiva. He is super nice and a hard worker, which is most important. He is from Guatemala too and guess what... He speaks English!!! Almost perfectly. He doesn’t think so but he worked in a call center for Verizon answering the tonto (silly) questions we call to ask from the States.

I already have lots of funny stories about that. First of all, their office is in "Miami" haha. Outsourcing... So they have memorized streets and stuff like that in Miami when people ask. One of the calls he has received fairly often is someone calls and says their phone isn’t working. So he starts to go through the procedure which starts with holding the red phone button for three seconds. And “Oh hey! It’s working, Thanks!” ha ha.

Ha ha I still haven’t heard about the choir plans for Mission Conference. I hope I get to do it. The conference is on Thursday I think, so we will see. I can’t wait! I didn’t know Elder Christofferson could speak Spanish.



Yes!!! I got Aunt Jenny’s package. One of the best packages ever!!! I picked it up during changes so I will be sure to share a little of the spoils with Elder Leiva. The picture and cards were the best of course. I can’t tell you how happy I was to get a photo of them. The contact solution came perfectly on time, I am just about to run out of the one I have.

The other treats are the best of the best. My favorite kind of cereal, Frosted Mini Wheats. I don’t know how they knew that. Licorice, Snickers, oh the Twixes! And a big pack of Beef Jerky. It tastes so good. A pack of beef jerky is a big deal to missionaries. The Goldfish are as good as it gets for snacking during studying. I need to write a nice email to them saying thanks. They are the Best.

Families we are teaching. Well, I don’t know where to start. We have been finding a lot of new families to teach. The familia Gonzales are a really new family of ours. The husband works in Palí (the grocery store) and he has a wife and a really cute little girl. We taught the first lesson to them and it was really great, I gave the first vision lesson and the spirit was there.

At the end of our first lesson we asked them if they would be baptized on the 12th of Feb. They said yes. We look forward to teaching them again. The only problem is he works all day in Palí on Sunday. But we bore our testimonies about the importance of the Sabbath day and going to church and I told him to talk to his chief and tell him he wants to switch his day off to Sunday.

My biggest surprise about the mission so far is how much help I have been given to communicate with the people. I guess it isn’t really a surprise that the Lord has helped me so he can bring people to Him. But it has been a really amazing experience to watch the miracles in my life and then the miracles in the lives of the people here in Nicaragua.

No, Hannah, I haven’t seen any jungle snakes. But lots and lots of spiders. We went to this really cool waterfall today for Pday and guess what... Monkeys! Real live wild ones right above our heads in the big trees. The best part is when I started making monkey sounds at them and they went Crazy! It got so loud because they were all hooting.

Ah, I need to go now. Today the email was really short. We had to leave the waterfall early because we got a call from the ZLs that said we need to go to Juigalpa because tomorrow Elder Leiva (the new DL in Boaco) needs to go to Managua for a DL conference.

I love you all, thanks for the updates and spiritual thought,



Elder Hardy


No comments: