Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

January 24, 2011

¡Pupusas!


Buenas familia, ¡hoy hicimos papusas con la Doña! (today we did pupusas with the Lady of the House!) Ha ha it was fun. So you said you are going to an El Salvadorian restaurant today. You will have to tell me how were the pupusas. I bet mine were better. Haha son bromas (Haha just kidding).

Thanks for thinking about me! Why did you guys write essays? What do they say?


The Conference with Elder Christofferson was Awesome. I even got to shake his hand before the meeting! (Well, everybody did) It was really spiritual, and all he did was answer our questions the whole time. I got a bit of personal revelation from him too.

Unfortunately, I was not part of any special choir. Elder Tonga and a couple others did a special musical number of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief with a flute and violin. It was great, but Elder Tonga is always stealing the show with his singing haha.


My new compañero’s full name is Nery Josue Leiva Rivas. Hard Worker. Obedient.

So I guess the biggest challenge right now is taking control in the lessons. I am trying really hard to talk, teach, testify and not be timid but at times it is difficult when I have a compañero who´s native tongue is Spanish and can talk really well in lessons.

But I am overcoming this, because I know that I know the Gospel pretty well too and a little Spanish, and have the spirit to tell me what the Lord wants to say to His children through me.

Hannah, about Llamas... I am sure they do have them. But unfortunately I have not seen one yet. I will look, and maybe I will find a "¡Talking Llama!"

Yeah! Last night we left a great lesson with the wife of Luis Gonzales and we started walking back to the house when we saw a woman taking down her laundry. I said hi and asked if we could help with something. Her husband walked out and we had barely introduced ourselves when they invited us into the house.

They don’t have electricity so they lighted a candle and we taught a little bit, but they basically taught themselves and the husband said, "We need to get married first to get baptized don’t we?" Ha ha so we said, yes. Those kinds of lessons are the best. Because "El campo blanco está ya para la siega." (The field is white already to harvest). They don’t even work on Sundays... It was very spiritual and the Lord trusted us with some of the elect.

I’m out of time. I did send some photos that must not have downloaded. I will send some today but it is being slow.

I love you all,



Elder Hardy

No comments: