Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

January 3, 2011

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!


Hey, my New Year’s was awesome. One of the coolest. Yes, we blew up a Muñeco (burning dummy). And it is officially my new, New Year’s Eve Tradition now. I am going to do it every year when I get back and hopefully next year too. It might be a little harder to find those kinds of fireworks ha ha... But don’t worry, I didn’t light any. I am sending a photo of the Muñecos, well, minus the head on the baby ha ha.


My week was OK. We are teaching the Mendez Jarquin family. They are pretty Catholic. Their Dad died a couple years ago which is pretty sad but I bore my testimony to them about the Plan of Salvation and how they can be with him again. We are going to teach them more about the Plan of Salvation next time.

We are running low on positive investigator families. We are focusing on trying to strengthen the ward. We need their help with references too.

The Rama (Branch) changed the Presidency this week. President Dias is now Hermano Dias. He has been serving hard for 10 years as the President of the Rama of Boaco. Sunday, the new President was called. President Moreno, previously known by me as Hermano Pio. He is a really great man. He is a hard worker, has a really powerful testimony and is incredibly humble. He will be great and will help the Rama grow and strengthen a lot.

Still don’t know who is getting transferred. They are supposed to tell us the night before which will be the 11th. That means Cambios (changes) are on the 12th. It is very likely that I will get a new companion whether I leave or stay. I think it is very rare to have your Dad (the missionary that trains you) for three changes.

I am really hoping that I get to stay. Elder Coj will have been here for 4 1/2 months which is pretty long. I love it here in little Boaco and want to stay for as long as I can to see it grow. And yes, Elder Coj has been an awesome compañero. I think we have helped each other out a lot. There is always a reason that you have each companion I am sure of that.

A great story this week was when we went with our new President to teach our new converts, Hermanos Roberto y Yamileth and announce our new President (I’m sure it seems like I talk about them a lot). Well, we have been worried about them because it has been hard for them to come to church.

But when we announced President Moreno to them they got really excited and started giving him all sorts of suggestions and advice and things we need to do better (Hermana Yamileth has a pretty strong personality).

Well in the end, they started saying how they are going to help out and support him and come to church. After the lesson, President Moreno shared his testimony too and it was really humble and powerful. That’s why I am so excited about him and know he is going to be a great aid to this area to get it going again.

Hannah, you asked about dogs? Well, first there are dogs everywhere. It’s crazy but every street has a couple. And yes, they have gotten mad at me a couple times. I don’t know why, maybe I smell different or something. Oh but Elder Coj is convinced it is because they can sense fear and then they get all excited and defensive. It’s not my fault I don’t want rabies.

I have only really been chased once. Ha ha and it’s not a very good story, because of a little punk Chihuahua whiner dog... When I turned around it stopped, looked up at me and ran away. Ha ha and every time I would turn my back to it, it would start chasing me again. Little chicken.

But a better story is with this big black dog that we were walking past. He was acting normal and calm but for some reason I was like, "watch out Elder Coj" and scooted us to the side a little more. And right then he freaked out. I slid my back pack off and started swinging it at him until we got past him. But his teeth were scary looking. That is the day I decided to buy a sling shot.

That was really awesome of the Woodruff family to send a Christmas package to you guys. They are really nice and their son is great.

I am missing the week break after Christmas to play games and goof off all day. Too bad it is already over! Hey, tell Rob I want a personalized golf ball for when I get back too. Oh! and I was looking forward to Tron Legacy so much ha ha.

That is so awesome that Kylie, Bryanna, Carly and Jamo stopped by. If they ever read this I say thanks! That is pretty cool of them to still remember me. I wish Carly luck with London!

Love you all,

Elder Hardy

Oh P.S. Emily! I attached a picture of this
cute little girl named Emily too!

No comments: