Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

February 14, 2011

¡Feliz Dia de San Valentines!


Happy Valentine’s Day! Thanks for the emails everybody! 

Things are going good here. We are in Juigalpa today because we had a Zone PDay. We had a conference meeting first where we all taught principles from Predicad Mi Evangelio (Preach My Gospel). Then we had a big water balloon fight and played fútbol. I have pictures to send but the other missionaries don’t have the right cable for my camera. I will send them next week.

The weather has been good but right now it is raining. In Boaco, it has either been really hot, or raining. People have told me it’s a little extraño (strange) that it has been raining so much because it is supposed to be summer.

I am afraid the Mission Offices were not able to help with the package Aunt Jenny sent. I’m not sure if anyone can but the sender.

I don’t have any problems getting up in the mornings, no way. But maybe every once in a while I have forgotten to make my bed. But the good news is Elder Leiva is a very organized neat person so I am learning from him and I am doing much better making my bed in the morning.

This Sunday was one of the first Sundays in a while that a complete family of investigators came. I was so happy. The Mom is a super positive investigator and already has a very strong testimony. She told us she wanted to be baptized this Saturday but unfortunately she and the Dad aren’t married yet.

The kids are super awesome too, they have a 14 yr. old an 8 yr old and a 4 yr. old. They love the missionaries. I was actually a little preocupado because they weren’t there when the meeting started.

But when she and the kids walked in I had the biggest grin on my face and I went and sat by the kids. So having them there was great and spiritual in the first place. But then later, the Dad even showed up and we had a class with all the investigators and missionaries.

We had a spiritual meeting about el Espíritu Santo (Holy Spirit) and later in Priesthood meeting about Sacrificio (Sacrifice). He came up after church and told us that in the beginning he came for the wrong reasons. But by the end he had completely changed and really enjoyed Church. We will see how things go with him as we continue to teach the Family.

Valentine's Day in Nicaragua? Well Hannah, I don’t think it is as big of a deal here. But maybe it is just because I am with other missionaries. Yes they have it, they have hearts and stuff hung up in the stores. But I don’t know about any special traditions. Elder Bailey today in a meeting turned to me and said, ¨By the way, Happy Valentine’s Day¨ and I was like,¨...Oh.¨

Hey that is great we have 11 missionaries from the Ward! But who are all of them!?!? Do I know all of them?

Hey thanks for the journal entries Dad. Have a good week I love you. And I am glad you and mom had a nice Valentine’s Day date.

Good luck with school, Alexis. Do good on your test.

Hey no Valentine’s, Emily. But thank you for your Valentine’s Card. Te amo también (I love you too). Good work with the DC. I hope you are having tons of fun. I am proud of you.

But hey Hannah, congratulations on the Science Fair Project!!! I’m so proud of you. Just like your big brother. Except mine was about air pollution and inversion. Ha ha not quite as tasty as lollypops. Smart topic. But I would like to know the results of your experiments and of the District competition. Hey, make a cool Valentine box that shoots your Valentines at them. I love you too!

This change has gone by even faster than the others. Imagine on the 18th I will have 6 months. That is a fourth of my mission!!! That is way too fast. How are things in the 801? Has the time gone by fast there too?

Well I love you all,

Have a good week,

Elder Hardy

No comments: