Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

February 7, 2011

Buenas!


Ha ha so a package for me from Jenny and her family is being held hostage in Managua!?!? Oh no! I don’t know what I can do... I will see if I can tell the office today. (Which is convenient because I´m at the offices today.)

We came to Managua today to finally get my Cedula (ID card). Ha ha I don’t know if I have been illegal in Nicaragua for a while but now I have my ID card and I’m good to go.

We also ate McDonalds which was a nice treat and we came to the office to pick up some stuff from the distribution center and to write.

But I don´t think there is anything the mission will do, is it just asking that we pay the tax or is the package confiscated? I hope not. Tell Jenny and her family thanks ha ha it’s the thought and not the Nicaraguan postal service that counts.

So like I said we are at the offices and we are writing on the computers in the Church´s Employee Search Service program (I forgot what it is called) and I am not going to have the time I should because I think we are leaving at 4 and I am only going to have a 1/2 hr. to write.

This week was a lesson with the family of Jorge and Sandra Conzales. I think I have already talked about them before but we went to a leccion (lesson) with them on Saturday with member Hermano Jorge. It was a great lesson. They have 4 kids, 3 daughters who are a little older but not daughters of Jorge and a little boy.

They still aren’t married but know that they need to be and are going to work on it. They have had some problems with the family but in the leccion we talked about how the Gospel with bless and strengthen their family. And how with the help of the Atonement they can change the problems and differences in their lives and bring their family closer together.

It was very spiritual and the Dad said that he couldn’t go to church this Sunday but pretty much gave us an oath that he and his family would be in church next Sunday. We committed the whole family to baptism on the 26th of Febrero (February). I really have faith that this family can make it. One day even to the temple.

One night last week we were heading to our house from a lesson with the family of Hermana Elba. It was late (but not too late because we were teaching a lesson) and we were walking past a row of houses with their doors open (I love that they leave their doors open because I can look to see if there is a family in the house (not creepy, because I’m a missionary).

We had just passed an open door, When Elder Leiva suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. We both knew what that meant and walked up to the door where we found an Hermana watching TV.

Turns out she is an ancient investigator, and has already been to church a bunch. We got to know her a little better and why she wasn’t baptized. Long story short, the next cita (appointment) she asked if she could be baptized. We have been praying hard to find people that could be ready to be baptized, and our prayers were answered.

Last week I was in Juigalpa on splits for 3 days. We got a call yesterday after church and left last night at like 5:00 to go to Juigalpa so we could wake up at 4:00 to come here to Managua to the Immigration Center. We are probably going to get back to Juigalpa around 8 or 9 so we won’t be able to do anything else.

BUT I got to see all my buds from my room in the MTC so my Pday was Pretty Great in the end. Plus I’m legal now!

Ha ha I am doing great. Ok, but I just remembered something. So Elder Bailey’s family sent him the scripture stickers for every lesson in Preach my Gospel. They seemed pretty sweet because they are coded with all the lessons and stuff.

But I’m not sure if they are really Awesome or dorky and not good for a nice set of missionary scriptures. Which reminds me, I still have not used my really nice scriptures because I am going to need nice individual cases for each of them first. I am using the ones from the MTC right now and they are getting pretty beat up.

Dad: Congrats on BYU, that’s a shame the U is struggling. Ha ha they were watching the Super Bowl on every TV here in Nicaragua last night. Love you Dad.

Mom: Valentines! Ha ha they have decorations up here in the big mall in Managua. But they still have the snowflake lights and Christmas decorations too? Ha ha. That is awesome to hear of a package. There is always much anticipation. The mission is great. I can’t wait to get the Primary letters and pictures.

I am slacking on the photos. I don’t even have my camera right now. (But I have 2 4gb SD cards full of them and I need to send them home with some other stuff!!! I don’t think I have a free Pday next week either! I love you so much.

Alexis: Congrats on the study abroad!!! That sounds so fun, and Falicidades (congratulations) on your Promotion. That is awesome. So you are the boss now entonces (then) you can tell them that you are taking 5 weeks off for study abroad. Love you.

Emily: Ha ha oh no not SYTYCD again!!! You should try out! The one British dude practically already knows you! That is pretty cool you got to go. Love you.

Hannah: Huh? Dun dun dunnnn!!! Well, I am not mad at you. And I think that is very good that you are taking responsibility for your grades and understand their importance. That’s an A in my book.

I am doing good. How about you? Yes I am very happy, and very happy to be writing you. Are you happy? I hope you are! And I am sleeping well, even on the floor in someone else’s house. I must just be really tired. Good luck with your science project Hannah! And good luck with your crush. P.S. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Love,

Elder Hardy

No comments: