Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

August 1, 2011

Hey!!! Felicidades!!!


Hey! We got into the Pioneer Spirit too here in Nicaragua!


We had a mini Trek and went marching through the streets in Managua with oxen and horses and carts.

"Faith in Every Step"

Well, the oxen and the horses weren’t that out of place.


But a bunch of Mormons walking through the streets dressed with funny hats and aprons was. Ha ha there were lots of questions and lots of pamphlets handed out.

Wow, that is so great about the Sweeptakes Award! Congratulations to everyone that worked so hard on it. Hey... so since it is a Sweepstakes Award... does that mean you got award prizes? I mean, I guess the satisfaction and representing the Stake and everything was enough, but did you get a prize? Prepaid trip to any temple in the world you want or something? Free packages to your missionary? Jaja

A new backpack? Well, no. The backpack I came with is still in good shape. The strap is starting to rip, but I am going to just have someone in the market repair it when it gets back enough. And for the rain, I just put everything in one of those vacuum bags you gave me for packing my suitcases and it keeps it all dry. Jaja a good missionary is very resourceful.

The biggest lessons we have this week is with a family that lives in the tops of the mountains. In English it is called the Quiet Community ha ha because it is up there all alone without all the noise. So when I say the family that lives there it is really 3 families that are preparing to be baptized and they are very positive.

We also held a big activity for all of the recent converts in our Ward. We decided to have a spiritual lesson, play some games and make dinner for them. We made pupusas. And while it was pretty stressful to make everything go well, it turned out great and was a positive experience. Everyone looks forward to the next one. But I think I am just going to buy pizzas for everyone the next time.

Hey, I need my personal stats. For example, my baptismal date, the dates of my ordinations to the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthood and when I took out my endowments.

Hannah asked, Do the Nicaraguans have any special summer traditions like going camping or having a picnic?

Well, what is your definition of camping? Ja ja

Ok, my message this time is a funny one. And it applies very well to what you have all just accomplished. It is also inspired by Anna Mckean and a little joke/fight we have had for a long time. Yoda vs. Chuck Norris...

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
---Yoda

"If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can't just sit back and hope it will happen. You've got to make it happen."
---Chuck Norris

Congratulations on your hard work, and you have seen the fruits as well. Yoda would be proud of you.

Love you all,

Elder Hardy

PS. I love you
Have fun in Yellowstone!!!

No comments: