Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

July 25, 2011

Hey!!! That’s awesome about the Mormon Times Show! I will tell my comp.


Congratulations on completing the float. I’m sure today made it all worth it. But I won’t know if you won a prize until next week!!! Say congratulations and thanks to everyone that worked on the float from me too, thanks to them I’m famous haha.

Golden Contacts? Ha ha yes, this week we went to pretty far away pueblo in our area that is in the mountains. We went with a buddy who says he always passes by there and there is a family that always asks if the missionaries are going to come back. Apparently, they went one time and the wife came to church but they never went back. So we visited them, and all 7 of them showed up to church yesterday!

And we might have a baptism of a nice 21 year old guy who has been coming to church 4 weeks in a row. The only problem is finding him to give him the charlas.

Hannah’s Question: Are people always nice or do they sometimes treat you mean?

Ha ha always!... or almost always. And if they are not, if they give us the time to talk to them without trying to fight they always end up being nice. But something that would be great Hannah, that you could do for me, is pray that we can find all the nice people that want to listen to us so we can help them be even happier.

Ha ha the kids here usually like magic tricks. If you could give me a new one that would be great. I usually just go with the magic tie or the disappearing Cordoba. Ha ha but they are always playing soccer or Nicaball (my name for the street version of baseball).

What do we first say to people when they invite us into our home? Ha ha: "permission". You say "permiso" whenever you enter into someone’s house. Then they say "suyo" or "pasen" (come in). Then I usually say “thank you” and we start to talk about their family or how nice the house looks. When we sit down we like to find out a little bit more about them and how we can apply the gospel to their lives.

Do people accept Joseph Smith? It depends on how prepared they are and their religious background. In all cases, we always invite them to read and ponder more and then pray to find out for themselves. The sad thing is lots of people have already heard of Joseph Smith, and have never talked to the missionaries... Which means they have heard lots of things that aren’t true. So we like the opportunity to combat error and teach them the truth.

Hey congratulations on the float family! That is such an accomplishment. We are continuing on our road to international fame haha... but you had to wait until I left to do one of the biggest steps so far.

That is neat that Alexis is in Greece. But she needs to write me too! And hey, what is this about iPhones...?

Well shnookums, I hope you have some time to relax now before summer ends. And I pray for you every night too. Luh ya.

Hey! Now it’s Yellowstone time!!! Don’t get eaten by a bear Hannah! Or worse... a SNIPE! Ah! PS. I love you

Love you all awardwinningfloatmaker people,


Elder Hardy

No comments: