Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

July 4, 2011

Hey Family!


Today we are running really late because the server has a ton of people in it. We are going to have to change our schedule for next Monday to come in and write earlier. So please make sure to write any emails before the afternoon on Monday.

Sounds like the 4th of July was the awesomest ever, I guess once I left they decided it was safe to legalize fireworks in Utah. Ha ha it will be funny when I get back and they change the law again.

Wish Grandma Weiler a muy feliz cupliaño! and Grandpa tambien.

I am going to do questions fast today.

My new Companion is Elder Eliv Daniel Moreno Monroy. Elder Moreno is from Guatemala and has been in the Church since he was 2 years old. He is 25 years old right now and has 10 months in the mission. Same as me.

Bottle Rockets? I don’t know what you are talking about, Emily. Pagina 43 en Manual Misional (Español)

Recipes to send home? Ha ha ha oops. Hey I have to right fast today. But my absolute favorite is slightly toasted gallo pinto (beans and rice), with cream and a side of plantanos maduros (ripe plantains). Hey, you need to tell me how much platanos cost there. Because I want to make maduros everyday.

Experiences this week. Well, I got my new companion. And we went to teach a future Priesthood holder who is going to be baptized this Saturday. We had a lesson with him one morning and started talking to him about the baptismal interview questions.

Well, he answered them all very well. And when we started to talk about the restoration and the book of Mormon, he started to explain things better than I ever have. He said a couple of things and my comp. was really impressed and asked how he knew and understood so much. He said, “Elder Hardy and his companion taught me”. Well, I don’t remember teaching all that.

Ha ha no still no, I have not bought an MP3 player yet.

Teaching this week. Well, my companion is very big on references. And it is very true that those who were contacted through references are always much more positive and are baptized much more often... So give a reference to the local missionaries! We have been a little low on new families. But now we have received a bunch of references, we just need to contact them all... Today!

Sounds like everything is going good. And it is fourth quarter in the float building. But it is going to be great.

Nos vemos! (Until later!)

Love,

Elder Hardy

Ps I love you

No comments: