Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

January 9, 2012

Dear Familia,


Hey! That is neat that it snowed for once! Ha ha I really have thought that it might begin to snow here in Jinotepe too! It is pretty cold and when it rains it’s not like a normal rain. It’s like you’re in the middle of a cloud or something. Because you get wet, but you can’t tell from what direction the rain is coming from because it’s floating around in the air. Kinda cool.

I haven’t used my artificial snow from Jacob yet, maybe I will try to use it tonight in a Family Home Evening.

Hey! You guys better reach your goal of reading the Book of Mormon before I get home. Because when I get home, we are going to have a Book of Mormon Question game. Maybe the prizes will be souvenirs. Ha ha.

Hey, this week has been great. We had 2 families in Sacrament Meeting. We have found a few really neat families that want to listen to our message. I decided to try and make it easier on myself to find "chosen" families. Yep, I decided, well, maybe I should just ask them if they think they are a chosen family. Ha ha and it is going pretty good. We present ourselves, we get to know them a little bit, and we present a little bit about what our message is... and ask them if they feel like God has prepared their family to listen to our message, change their lives and follow Jesus Christ.


This week I went on divisions with some members of the District to see how they and their areas are doing. The photos I sent are of me and Elder Buc playing "baseball" real fast with the kids of a family.

Ha ha oh but lots of exciting and spiritual stuff has happened. Something exciting is that the Adventistas, (Adventists of the Seventh Day) are trying to convert us. Last week, we contacted a really nice older couple. They let us in and talked with us and it turns out they are very strong Adventistas. The Husband is a smart good guy and likes everything about the Restoration (pretty much the only difference with them is who was the prophet that restored the church (and when is the Sabbath Day)).

He just wanted evidence of a prophesy that Joseph Smith gave to prove him a real prophet. So we talked to him for a while and presented him the Book of Mormon and told him that it was the evidence. He is literally going to read the whole thing, and I believe him. We invited him to church and well... he invited us to his.

Ha ha so guess what we did Saturday, we went to their Church! It was great! Everyone was very nice and welcoming to us, their meetings have many similarities to ours too. We went normal in our suit and tie and placa and everything. They recognized us like five times in the meeting, and three of the five times they asked us to stand up so everyone could say hi. The Sunday class was interesting, poor teacher had a stressful time with two Mormon missionaries participating, asking questions and reading scriptures. In the end it was nice, nobody tried to fight with us.

But after the meeting we went to talk to the five leaders in charge and they started inviting us to young men/young women activities ha ha and we invited them to our church. In the end, there were only a few things with their meeting that I didn’t like, but something was missing. And one of the things that I just couldn’t get out of my head is that there, my family can’t be eternal. And hey, the next day the family and another friend we got to know in their church came to our Sacrament Meeting. They even gave us a ride in their van!

PS to dad, no, no son los evangelicos que echan afuera los demonios (y casi su compañero) como me contó de su mission. (No, they are not the evangelicals who cast out demons (and almost your companion) like you told me on your mission). But I’m planning on going one of these days (to see the Evangelicos).

We had a District Leader Conference a couple of weeks ago and it was great. But actually there is a GA coming this month...Elder Nelson!

Hannah asked about my favorite food in Jinotepe? Hmm. I really like the Batidos. Ha ha the milk shakes. Umm and Nacatamales. We have some investigators that make really good ones.

I love you all so much,


Elder Hardy

ps. I love you

No comments: