Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

February 13, 2012

¡Feliz Día de Cariño! (o de San Valentin)


Hey everybody, Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hannah asked what the Nicaraguans do for Valentine’s Day? Well, as far as I know it is like what we do in America. More than anything it is for couples. Give a little gift or something. For us the missionaries, it is one of the holidays that we especially don’t really celebrate ha ha. 

Does Elder Batz speak English? No, but he is learning really fast. He is really motivated to learn English and always works in his missionary English book when he should. I will tell him the root of his name. I asked him once and he said he had no idea. His dad is from the same place in Guatemala. 

Last night we had a great experience with a family teaching them the Restoration! They are a little bit older couple, we actually contacted them through their daughter and her husband. 

One night we were walking to our dinner appointment looking for families. We passed by one house and it looked like a family. I was like, hey I think that was a family. And my comp. was like, listen, I think they are fighting. But we went and talked to them anyway. They were getting ready to leave with their kids and a stroller but when we came and presented ourselves at the door they said, oh come on in. And we talked to them for a couple minutes. 

Well, it turns out that the super chosen family lives in the Sister’s area. But the next time we passed by we got to know the parents of them that live there in our area. And so last night, we were answering a lot of their questions and stuff like that. 

Finally the Mom asked the inspired question, So how did your church start? What makes your Church so different from all the others? And so we gladly started from the beginning and taught them. It was a great lesson because we didn’t really teach a lesson, we taught them. There were lots of questions and it was a conversation. 

And in the end as we testified, we felt really good. And the best part was that it seemed like they understood really well. And the next time we come back, we will see if they are ready to follow the example of Jesus Christ. 

Hey you will need to tell Aunt Debbie thanks from me for being so nice and giving me a Hardy Boys book from 1965? That is awesome! I think my Hardy Boys book collection is sweet. 

Do I ever get snail mail letters or write back? Ha ha ha well, the snail mail letters are awesome, they always seem to be more than an email. But I guess I might have been slacking off a little bit in writing back... 

Sounds like everyone is doing great!!! 

Thanks for the updates, sorry I don’t have time to write everyone back individually. 

I love you all, 


Elder Hardy 

ps. I love you

No comments: