Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

February 27, 2012

Dearest Royal Family, 

(Sue's note: Not sure what we are looking at.
Is it "la cucaracha"? See below)

Ha ha wow, that is Awesome! 21st Great-Grandson of King Edward III. Hey, if you trace your lineage to a royal line or two you can pretty much trace it back to Adam can’t you? Ha ha I think that is kind of cheating but I think that is really neat. Thanks. 

That is such a sweet photo of when you guys got married in the Temple. I am going to print it off today to share with people. 

Well, this week no baptisms. But a miracle can always happen. Sometimes investigators that are ready to be baptized fall from the sky. 

We are teaching a couple of families now. One is named Georgina and Francisco. Georgina came to an activity of the Stake Saturday. The activity was about the Plan of Salvation and was titled "A Trip to Heaven." She said she was a little bored waiting to go through the course (each step of the Plan of Salvation had its own room and a ward assigned to do it) but that she liked it in the end. She said she especially didn't want to go to the spirit prison or the Telestial Glory. Ha ha she said it scared her and her kid. 

I actually don’t know what they did, my comp and I could never go through, we were busy making sure everything went smoothly. I just know that one little girl left with her mom crying (good thing the mom is an active member). 

Yesterday we had a spiritual experience as we were in the street. We have been behind on our goal of finding new families to be able to teach, so Saturday night we made the goal to go crazy Sunday contacting new families in addition to doing all of our scheduled appointments after Church. 

We started the day off good because we contacted two families before even going to Church! And in the afternoon, we were hurrying to an appointment to the which we were already late when we passed by a man and a woman standing in front of a really big, deep hole in front of their house. 

We passed by the hole in a rush but I felt prompted to go back and talk to the man. It was easy to start the conversation, I told him I thought that was a pretty cool looking hole in front of his house ha ha ha. And that I always liked digging holes ha ha ha. But it turns out that the man and woman were neighbors. 

He lived next door with his wife and his three sons. (One is already married too). So I asked him if we could introduce ourselves to his wife too. Turns out they had received the charlas from the sister missionaries 10 years ago. But they moved to here and lost contact. So we are going to pass by this week and teach him and his son’s families. 

So... if the Spirit prompted me or I just really like holes, it’s the same thing. I have found that following the Spirit many times is just when you receive a prompting in your mind or heart to do a good thing, and you do that good thing. Like talking about holes with the intent to invite a family to come unto Christ. 

We usually try to help our male converts receive the Aaronic Priesthood the following Sunday. And then they have to prepare for some time to receive the Higher Priesthood. 

Hannah asked if I have ever been to the big lake to see the sharks. No! Never been to the big lake. But I have seen lots of Snakes! 

I think that is Asombroso that Jordan Harris got baptized Saturday. Tell Cooper congratulations from me too on his first baptism. The elbow of Yamileth, my first baptism, stuck out too ha ha. Dad, seems like you´ve got a couple of great future missionaries there (including Jordan) better keep it up with them so that they are good to go. 

Sounds like you are giving great lessons Dad, keep up the good work. Hey, make sure all your young men have a Preach my Gospel. I should send you a list of scriptures they should all try and memorize as quorums that help in the mission! Love you Dad. 

Ward Party! Good luck Mom. Hey tomorrow we are having the big "Night of Fortification" where all the different groups in the ward are going to come to the Church. And this month we even invited President Monestel! He and his wife are going to give the lesson, and President is going to meet an hour before with all the Priesthood to talk to them too. Pray that everyone shows up!!! Love you Mom. 

Alexis... no, nobody has ever proposed to any missionary here. The missionaries usually have to help all the families get married before they can get baptized. And the thing is, I was blessed with brown eyes. Here, everybody has brown eyes too and they go crazy for the missionaries with "cat eyes" (colored eyes). Especially blue. Love you Alexis. 

Hey good luck with Dance Concert and Piano Emily! I luh You! 

Wow Hannah, great job with your Amelia Earhart report, and good luck with your performance as Cinderella! I hope you guys are videotaping all of the performances the family does so I can see them later. Like the "Mixed up Fairy Tales" Love you. 

Love, 


Elder Hardy 

p.s I love you

No comments: