Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

March 26, 2012

Dear Familia,

Elders Tonga, Hardy, Woodruff & Brough
Mission Conference, Granada 2012

My week was AWESOME! And sounds like your week too. I think it is great that you guys are going good on the Book of Mormon goal. 

This week was so great because we have another super escogida familia (chosen family) that came to church yesterday. They remind me of the family of Everardo and Daisy in Bluefields. So they came with us to Church and we had fast and testimony meeting. It was the best Fast and Testimony meeting I have ever had! It was very spiritual. 

A new investigator that our friend Agustin brought to church even went up to the pulpit and some of what she said was, I have been searching in many churches for my whole life and today, is the first time I have felt the spirit like this in church, I feel like this is the correct church and I hope that I might be able to join it one day. Wow! 

Also, a really sincere Mom went up with her baby and shared her testimony about how the Gospel changed her life and about her eternal family now. It was very touching, and I think the family that came to church felt the spirit too. 

We are going to watch General Conference about as close as you can if you aren’t living in Utah ha ha. Across the street. Our Ward attends in the Stake Center across the street from the house and this Saturday and Sunday everyone from the Stake is going there. 

Sounds like a great Birthday gift, thanks family. I will be sure to fulfill the three birthday money requirements, it will be great. I will even see if I have any connections in Masaya for a cool hammock. 

Bishop asked about the Missionary Journal. Ok, in my email to President, I asked him if he has the Diary format saved on the computer and if he would send it to me. If so, I will send it to you guys (Dad will have to translate). If not, I will take a photo of each page and send it to you guys next week. 

The point of the diary is that the family that has the Journal finds, befriends and baptizes a family each year. So these 10 families every week fill out the dairy of their missionary experiences and the families that they have contacted and that they are working with. 

Well, it starts off on the first page with all the Ward Mission Goals for the year (very important that all the members can know the goals, or why would we make them) like baptisms, retention and church attendance. Then it has two pages with a place to put the photo of the families they have helped baptize and their names. Then it has a couple of lessons that we are teaching to the missionary families. About how to do Member Missionary Work. Then it has lined pages to put their missionary experiences and progress of investigators. I will have to try to send it to you guys next week. 

Sounds like everything is going good. I will have to send photos next week. 

I am very proud of my Member Missionary family. 

Alexis, we don’t have a temple in Nicaragua. But my first impressions of the Temple were great. I feel like I was prepared and that I was able appreciate at least the covenants I was making. But obviously a lot went over my head. I can’t wait to go back to the temple and receive more revelation. 

Love, 

Elder Hardy & Elder Batz 

Elder Hardy 

ps I love you 

Sorry the power went out and I lost a bit. I am just signing on now to send the draft. 

Love you!!!

No comments: