Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

August 20, 2012


Dear Family,

This was the last and very best week of the mission (As every week of the mission should be). One of the most beautiful families that I was able to teach here in the mission entered the waters of Baptism Saturday and yesterday they received the Holy Ghost and were confirmed members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Several Miracles occurred in order for that to happen and Heavenly Father was very merciful and loving to allow all the miracles to occur before I had to leave from this land.

The family Alvarez Tiffer (Rodolfo, Tania, Rodolfo and Marcelo) was the family and I will try to send photos but it looks like this computer does not recognize my camera card. But I guess you will be able to see them soon anyway.

The Baptismal Service was Awesome. Half the ward showed up and some had to sit in the hall because they didn’t fit. Everyone was soo excited to hear that the family was going to be baptized. Even the Mission President and his family came and participated in the service. (We arrived a little late with the family for a few reasons)

But once we got there and the family put on white clothes everything went great. They decided that they wanted my companion Elder Gomez to baptize Tania and Rodolfo jr., and that I would baptize Rodolfo sr. and Marcelo.

Sunday in the morning they arrived early to have an interview as a family with the bishop and were the first ones sitting in church. For the confirmation the Second Councilor confirmed Rodolfo, the Bishop confirmed Tania, Elder Gomez confirmed Rodolfo jr. and I had the opportunity to perform the confirmation ordinance for Marcelo. It was an amazing feeling I felt as I did it.

The Bishop after the baptismal service came up to me and said that the last speaker for the next day had flaked and asked if I could take his place. I was very pleased to be able to address the members of the San Marcos Ward (old and very new members) about the Blessings of making and keeping Covenants. I also had the opportunity to share my testimony in front of the whole ward.

Well, I still have a few more lessons to teach... But the last one yesterday was to the family of Omar and Juana and their son Oscar. They are a very special family to me but have not been able to be baptized because of some paper issues for their marriage. Poor little Oscar was crying when we sang "God be with you till we meet again". The brother Omar calls me "El Padrino" ("The Godfather" in English) ha ha because we have been able to help and council them in the trials they have had. He made me a key chain out of a cool old Nicaraguan Coin with Sandino on it. It is pretty sweet.

Today we will have the last lesson with the Family Alvarez Tiffer :( in their Family Home Evening.

Pretty much the most important thing to me now is to bear my testimony as many times as a can while I am still a set apart representative of Jesus Christ and his Church.

I have really missed Mom's Sunday Pot Roast. I have missed mashed potatoes too. But if it is going to be way too late Thursday night, I don’t know. I don’t know what time we are actually going to be in the house. So you guys can decide if we should eat the first dinner late Thursday night or Friday.

You know what I have searched endlessly for here and never found...? (You will think it is weird): A bagel. I’m not even sure how to spell it any more. But it is bread that has a hole like a donut but is for breakfast and you eat it with cream cheese. (I remember it being especially delicious if you heat it up in the microwave). Other classics snacks are great!

Well, I don’t know how much you have all changed... My comp. was telling me that when his brothers came back from the mission EVERYTHING was way different. He said that lots of important things that happened (like his dog died) they didn’t tell him so he wouldn’t get unfocused in the mission. Nothing crazy has happened right? Nobody has lost any limbs or anything like that right? I know Emily and Hannah have probably grown up a ton. Ha ha it might help to make a sign saying "The Hardy Family".

I love you so much Family.

It is sad to have to leave the new members of the family here,

But they will always be in my heart.

And it´s time to give you guys a hug again.

Love,

Elder Hardy

ps. I love you!!!!!

pps. By special request (and by right) Mom gets the first hug. Then everyone else has to come in on the hug at the SAME time to be fair.

ppps. Good luck in College MOM!!!!!

1 comment:

Kaitlin Rose Chase said...

I haven't had a chance to look through your blog yet, but I am leaving to serve in the Nicaragua Managua South Mission on March 6. Is there any advice or tips that you could share with me?