Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!!!

I hope everyone had a great Easter day yesterday and remembered why we celebrate Easter. I am not even really sure why there is an Easter Bunny. If you start talking about an Easter BUNNY that hides EGGS for kids to hunt here, everyone looks at you like you are crazy ha ha.

I had a good Easter day yesterday. Church was normal. We have two really positive families that said there were going to go to church yesterday but things came up. We didn’t do a special Easter Sunday church program or anything which is too bad. But my compañero gave a good talk about the Expiación (Atonement).

The best part of the day was after church when we did divisions with the whole Ward Council like we planned. They even made sandwiches to eat before we left. I left with the President of the Quorum of Elders. He is a really awesome guy. He is a little older and we went to the farthest, hardest part of the area (Cañon) to visit families that haven’t been coming to church. He didn’t complain at all, but I could tell he was getting pretty tired. We then met up with my companion at the house of his brother and they invited us to stay to eat dinner.

We talked a lot, they have lived much more exciting lives than me. They were in the Revolution and the Earthquake and everything. Lots of cool stories. But the week in all has been very normal, except there have been less people on the streets. But more dads are home on vacation too.

Yesterday, when I went to a Family´s house deep in the Cañon, after we talked with them and we dedicated their house and everything they asked if I would like to try Guatusa. I told them I didn’t have the foggiest idea what that was but I would love to. Everyone tried to explain it to me and tried to compare it with other animal names I have never heard of. In the end all I understood was that they caught it in the jungle the day before.

They gave me a couple pieces, like a leg and some ribs and it was pretty good. It was small and tasted a little gamey and in the end I figured it was something like rabbit. Later that night I had my Comp explain to me what it is. Ha ha not that it is too crazy what I ate, but I figure if you search Guatusa on Google images you’ll see what it is.

Guatusa: Rodent of Unusual Size

When I show the photo book you guys made for me everyone tells me that I used to be a lot fatter. But no, I haven’t been sick. We went in to Pali and they have one of those put in a quarter (Cordoba) to weigh yourself scales. So I tried it and thought I would come out weighing more. But it said 171 pounds. Ah, so I have lost at least 15 pounds. But I haven’t ever been sick.

And I clear my plate at every meal (even if we have 3 dinners offered to us in one day). I even found Centrium Vitamins that I am taking in the morning. I have intelligently concluded that I need to pick up my exercise program in the morning.

What I would really like is a neat card with my Priesthood lineage on it. That would be great when we get talking sometimes about who has authority. Also, how big is Utah and its population, (and how much bigger than Nicaragua).

Tarantula

It would be neat to hear from my missionary buddies. I don’t know what the rule is for them and writing back an email from me. It might be better to send a letter (ha ha for Christmas). If you could send me their addresses that would be nice.

Me encantaría compartir un poco de mí testimonio de la Expiación de Jesucristo con Ustedes. Especialmente a este tiempo del año cuando tienen la oportunidad enfocar sus vidas occupadas un poco más en la vida de Jesucristo.

Yo sé que Dios nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial cuando presentó su grande plan de felicidad con nosotros, necesitabamos alguien de nuestros hermanos que tendría tan amor sufrir por todo lo demas. Éste fue Jehová. Él vino a la tierra en el medio de los tiempos cumplir su propósito.

Él se bautizó, nos enseñó el camino y dio el ejemplo para nosotros vivir y tratar unos a otros. Él hizo milagros, sanó a los enfermos y estableció su Iglesia aquí en la tierra. Luego, se humilló antes Su Padre y tomó sobre sí los pecados, dolores y sufrimientos de cada uno de nosotros. Él pues, dio su vida en la Cruz para que no solo podemos limpiar nuestros pecados pero ademas podemos vivir.

Y El vive. Resucitó al vencer la muerte fisicál, tan como espíritual. Que todos que creen en él puedan regresar vivir con nuestro Padre. He visto el milagro de la Expiación en mí propia vida y he tenido la oportunidad ver este milagro en las vidas de las familias y personas aquí en Nicaragua.

Mí testimonio inquebrantable es que Jesus el Cristo es mí Salvador y que mediante mí fe en Él, el arrepentimiento, las ordinanzas sagradas que Él estableció por mí y mí perseverando hasta el fin, voy a regresar con Él y mí familia en la Vida Eterna.

Invito a todos Ustedes compartir sus testimonios de la Expiación de Jesucristo con sus familias y amigos esta semana despues Easter. Y les digo estas cosas en el Nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

(I would love to share some of my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ with you. Especially this time of year when given the opportunity to focus our lives, occupied a little more on the life of Jesus Christ.

I know that God our loving Father in Heaven when he presented his great plan of happiness with us, we needed someone of our brothers who would so love to suffer for everything else. This was the Lord. He came to earth in the midst of the years to fulfill His purpose.

He was baptized, taught us the way and set the example for us to live and treat each other. He performed miracles, healed the sick and established His church here on earth. Then, He humbled before His Father and took upon Himself the sins, pains and sufferings of every one of us. He then gave his life on the Cross so that we can not only wash away our sins but also we can live.

And He lives. Rose to conquer death physically, then spiritually so that all who believe in Him can return to live with our Father. I've seen the miracle of the Atonement in my life and have had the opportunity to see this miracle in the lives of families and people here in Nicaragua.

My unwavering testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that through my faith in Him, repentance, the holy ordinances which He established for me and if I persevere to the end, I will return to Him and my family in the Everlasting Life.

I invite you all to share your testimonies of the Atonement of Jesus Christ with your families and friends this week after Easter. And I say these things in Jesus' name, Amen).

Les amo, (I love you),

Elder Hardy

1 comment:

Melinda the Intrepid said...

That looks like a Capibara, which is more closely related to a rabbit than a rat. They should be good eating. You are freaking your mom out because she thinks it's a big RAT!! hahaha. Love hearing about your mission. My son also lost 15 lbs on his mission, lots of exercise walking 20 miles on foot per day. It's good for you! We pray for your success every day, Elder! Hugs, Sister Bogert, Stratford East ward