Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

May 9, 2011

¡¡¡Feliz Día de Madre!!! (Happy Mother’s Day!!!)


Yesterday was GREAT! My best Mother’s Day too. Ha ha. I’m so grateful to have been able to talk to the family, hear you say I love you and say I Love You.

So, sounds like you are doing great at golf, Dad. Golfing ought to be a required class to pass business school. Good luck helping with the float you should send some progress pictures. Love you dad.

I´m so proud of you, Mom, and thank you for giving the talk yesterday. I hope you had a good Mother’s Day. I don’t remember you telling me what you got from the family. I know your "float thing" will be the best one. I love you so much!

Ha ha Congratulations, Alexis! You are FREE from school and now have to work and find a family. Ha. Love you!

Oh no, Emily, you’re going to get your driver’s license this week. I remember when I went. I redid my signature on the stupid little electric pad like 5 times, because it always came out ugly. The worker finally gave me a face and I decided it would have to do. So be ready for the electric signing pad. Good luck finding a job, and try to buy the cheapest car you can find. And if it doesn’t have one, put a big muffler on it. I "luh" you!!!

Hannah, thanks for doing so many wonderful things for Mom for Mothers Day. And thanks for talking with me yesterday, it was great. p.s. I love you.

For PDay today, we woke up ready to wash our clothes. But the water left extra early this morning! So the family asked if we could wash our clothes another morning because they weren’t going to have enough water for the day. Ha ha and I still have 4 shirts ha ha I wonder if I can make it through the week without washing...

The sister missionaries wanted to go the Distribution Center today. But the APs said they can only go if we went with them. So we went to the Center and I bought more HLJ (CTR) rings to give to people. They are great for recent converts and for member’s birthdays.

After we finished there (by the way the package wasn’t there) we went to go fix my comps back pack and get my hair cut. Ha ha you know if you need a haircut when you walk through the market and all the Barber shops target you and ask you if you need a haircut. Then we went to PALI to buy breakfast supplies. After that, we came home, ate lunch and came to write.

On Sunday night we taught one lesson with a really strong Evangelico man. We have talked to him before because he came to one of our investigating families’ home and we didn’t exactly get along. But we did much better this time to leaves him positive. He was very knowledgeable of the scriptures, and while he has his own interesting doctrine, he brought up a very good scripture.

It was the story when a man in the bible starting performing miracles but was not one of the disciples of Jesus. The disciples of Jesus asked him if they should go stop him and Jesus said no, those who are not against us, are with us. (Luke 9:49-59)

Obviously that is not a direct quote, especially in English. But we have to remember, even though we want to share the Restored Gospel with everyone, we have to remember that many people have many truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and are trying to do their best to live like Him. We only hope that they will keep their hearts open so we can share with them more truths to add to what they already have.

Yesterday, while my comp made his phone call, I talked to the family of the Pharmacia. Her kids are actually recent converts because they were older than 8 years old when they started coming to church again and got baptized. I also talked with all the people that came into the pharmacy and watched a little bit of one of the Church’s DVDs about the New Testament with the kids.

Ha ha last night for dinner I think we had rice, beans, with shredded cheese and sour cream. I mixed them all together and put them in a tortilla. This morning I didn’t really eat anything until lunch because I was all out of food. For lunch we had Gallo Pinto and some roast beef with a Chicha drink.

(Sue’s note: In Managua and Granada,"chicha de maiz" is a typical drink, unfermented and served very cold. It is often flavored with banana or vanilla flavors, and its saleswomen can be heard calling "¡Chicha, cafe y jugo frio!" in the squares.

Nicaraguan "chicha de maiz" is made by soaking the corn in water over night. On the following day it is ground and placed in water, red food colouring is added, and the whole mixture is cooked. Once cooled, sugar and more water is added. On the following day one adds further water, sugar and flavoring.

I think it sounds like the Nicaraguan equivalent of Kool Aid haha.)

One spiritual experience we had this week was on Saturday. We went to the house of Jaudin and Miurel. We taught them for a while until their evangelico friend showed up. We taught him for a while until a point when I bore a very strong testimony about Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, the Gospel, the Book of Mormon and living prophets.

Next up on the menu…

Armadillo?

or Pizza?!!!

Love you all very much,

I can’t wait until we get to talk again!

Love,

Elder Hardy

No comments: