Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

October 3, 2011

Oh no!!! Mom fell down! I would do the "did you fall down again" joke, but this sounds serious. Oh, I am so sorry Mom. We will pray for you here. You should eat Perry the duck for this!


Yes! They receive the conference transmission in Bluefields! I really liked a lot of the talks. And as well for a lot of talks I was busy regulating the Branch. A lot of investigators came, it was great.

I really liked a talk from Elder Kazuhiko Yamashita of the Seventy. He talked directly to the missionaries. And I liked what he said. He said he didn’t understand very much of the doctrine that his missionary taught him. What he remembers and never will forget is the smile he always had. The attitude and actions of his Elder is what helped him feel the spirit and taught him to be like Christ.

The Love, through my attitude, actions and service is what really matters. I am trying really hard to teach well, but I know in the end that it is the Love of Christ that emulates from us his representatives that counts.

Well last night we had a very spiritual experience. With the most positive family we have right now. The Dad is doing really great. He came to 3 of the 5 sessions this weekend. He is reading the Book of Mormon, always has questions and is praying.

Last night we watched "Together Forever" with them and talked about the family. They got a little emotional and set some goals to be a better family. The most important thing I emphasized was that they kneel and pray every night as a family. Even the Mom who has been a little harder promised to do it.

SO, I would like to challenge each of you to have a family prayer (kneeling if possible) EVERY night. Because I told them that family prayer has really helped me and my family, it has helped us to have more unity, more Love and to invite the Lord to help us be better. So, you better be doing it...

How many people come to Sacrament Meeting? Well, on average it has been about 60 people. But our goal this month is to have 70. Each branch meets in the same building. We meet at 8 am and they come at 10 am.

Something funny that happened this week was Friday, I think. They have a celebration here for the Feast of San Jeronimo. All the men dress up as women with masks and everything and walk around the street with fans... spanking people.


Well, I think in Bluefields it can get out of hand and dangerous, so we avoided it. But earlier in the day we passed two that were dressed up and they started hitting me with their fans. We got them to stop by promising them cold water (it’s hot in their costumes), and then we took pictures with them.


Hannah asked if I have eaten any strange fruits? Um yes! Fruta de pan, or Bread Fruit. No not fruit bread, but bread fruit. It is big and green and spiky. But they cut it up and fry it like french fries. It is pretty good.

Fruta de Pan

Good luck Golfing Dad!!!

Ha ha ha I am sorry the Ducks bullied you Mom. I hope your shoulder is ok. But Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up... we will see who gets the last quack. Ha ha love you mom!

Well, Good luck with Homecoming Emily. (Be sure to be ready with the porch light for the drop off Dad). Luh you.

Hey Hannah! Keep working hard and good luck. Good work with Lego Star Wars. You will have to teach me how to play video games when I get back ok?

Thanks for the spiritual thoughts!

got to go,

Love you all,


Elder Hardy

Ps I love you.

No comments: