Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. ~Alma 37:6

December 5, 2011

Hey Familia!!!


¡¡¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS¡¡¡
!!!ALEXIS!!!

No, I did not forget, I just forgot that last Monday would be the last time I could write it to you before it was your actual birthday.

I am sorry to hear that Cousin Gary Burt passed away. I hope his son copes with it alright in the mission. It is good to have a strong testimony of the plan of salvation. Let´s all pray for the family.

Ah! Crown Burger is buying pricey athletic shoes at our expense! That won’t do.

Hey! That is so neat that you attached a clip of Hannah in her mouse suit dancing. I don’t know how you guys do it with those big mouse heads on! Congratulations on your performances, by the looks of it I’m sure they were great.

Sounds like the Ward Christmas Party was neat. You know, I’m not really sure what a posada is... But the favorite dessert here in Nicaragua would be a great helado or Eskimo ha ha. Helado is like a natural frozen popsicle made from whatever type of fruit here. And Eskimo is ice cream you all eat when the ice cream truck passes by ha ha.

HEY!!! Don’t have to worry about bothering Mamá Monestel anymore! I got my Package! WAHOO! Ha ha last Monday I bugged the office missionaries until they went to go talk to Pedro and get the package Thursday.



And it was Awesome!!! Thank you so much for the Ipod touch and the speakers! Now we have spiritually edifying music playing in the house as we plan. Ha ha and the other stuff was awesome too! The letters from the family, even from the GV1 Young Women!

Oh, the jungle bookmark and the New York pens were awesome. My comp can go around now telling everyone, look, I’ve been to NY. The cool brain teaser puzzles were great... for 10 minutes when I finished them all! Haha then I shared the two hardest with the sister missionaries and told them to give them back to me when they solved them. Ha ha they haven’t mentioned them to me yet so I imagine they are having a hard time.

I can’t believe it... you sent me MASHED POTATOES! Ha ha that is great. Everything was excellent my comp was very happy too. I shared everything but the ipod and letters ha ha. The ties are really nice, and thanks for the shirts. My comp decided that they were too nice and put the shirt and tie in a zip lock bag and put it in his suit case and said he was going to wear them the last day when he goes home. I am still trying to convince him to wear them now.

Wow there are a bunch of missionaries coming home aren’t there? Ahh!

Our apartment? Ah! I forgot to take photos today! I wanted to show you. Well our room is pretty pretty small. But it is nice, and the house where we live is very rich. Our room is separated by a courtyard from the rest of the house. Well it is actually a doctor’s office. The Husband and Wife are both doctors and do their consultations there.

They are very nice and there is even a nice maid that comes into our house and cleans sometimes even though we told her not to. They are not members and I haven’t ever talked to them much because they are always busy. But I will send you photos next time.

Our daily schedule? Well, on a normal day. Wake up a little before 6:30. (I would like to say I get up at 6 but I can’t. That is just when the alarm goes off and usually takes about 20 minutes to wake me up ha ha). I take a shower and then change.

At 7:30 we go to Eddy´s to eat and at 8 we are in the house starting Personal Study. At 9 Comp. Study and at 10 to 10:30 is language study and then we are out the door. Lunch at Eddy´s is at 12. We visit all day and in between our appointments we have our eye peeled for any families that we pass, because we are always searching for familias escogidas (chosen families).

Dinner is right before we enter the house for the night. We plan from 9 to 9:30 and then everyone from the District calls me to report for the day and give me their numbers. I call the zone leaders and give them the numbers and lights out at 10:30.

To be completely honest, I don’t think very many leaders in the mission get to bed on time because they are reporting. We are working at it as a District to get the numbers in on time so everyone can go to bed on time.

Our weekly goals? Well, one of our weekly goals was to get 2 of our families to come to church... and they ALMOST came. The Dad of one family came and brought a grandson and said sorry but that next week for sure his wife is coming. And the other family even had it planned to borrow a friend’s truck to bring all the family but things happened and they couldn’t come. So pray that next week they can!

Hey I am sorry but I have to go. We got late to write and now the whole district is waiting for me to go the church because we are doing "mini changes" in the zone to build unity.

I love you!

Elder Hardy

ps I love you

1 comment:

anna said...

Is it just me, or is Jonny getting skinny? haha